1 red bell pepper, cored and seeded, cut into 1-inch pieces
½ medium sweet potato, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 carrots, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
¼ sweet onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle on vegetables for roasting
½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In medium bowl, toss red pepper, sweet potato, carrot, onion and garlic in 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil and fresh ground pepper.
- Place vegetables on baking sheet and roast in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until veggies are very tender and brown.
- Cool veggies on baking sheet.
- Place cooled veggies in chopper. Add lemon juice, 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil and salt. Pulse until mixture is smooth.
- Refrigerate for several hours or overnight to bring flavors together before serving.
Serves: Serves: 6